History

 

The company was originally formed in 1886 as Frank Parker & Co Ltd in Hounsditch, East London, and started life supplying a very basic range of contractors’ tools (shovels, wheelbarrows, picks and hammers etc) to London-based builders and contractors. Business took off and in the 1930s the company launched its first range of protective clothing with the introduction of oilskins, wellington boots and donkey jackets.

The war forced the company to move premises to Curtain Road in Shoreditch, when its original premises were badly damaged in a bombing raid. This was also a busy period for business, with Frank Parker trading heavily with companies engaged in bomb damage clearance and re-building work during the war and in the immediate post-war years.

In 1963, the company opened its first regional depot in West Yorkshire and the business grew rapidly, with many more depot
openings and acquisitions following shortly after.

Today, the company supplies key markets with a high quality selection of products ranging from Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) through to Site Equipment and Road Works and Equipment.

1886 Frank Parker & Co Ltd Limited was established, based
        in East London.
1930 Parkers introduce their first Protective Clothing Range.
1952 Thomas W Ward purchased the company.
1963 Opened West Yorkshire Branch.
1965 Opened Birmingham Depot.
1966 Opened Stirling and Bristol Depot.
1968 Opened Durham and Central London depots
1974 Opened Port Talbot and Oxfordshire Depots. Frank Parker
        moved it’s head office from Bradford to John O’Gaunts in
        Leeds.
1978 Parkers launch the Eski Brand - Parkers own Janitorial
        and PPE Range.
1981 Frank Parker & Co (through Thomas W Ward) became
        part of RTZ Pillar Group.
1986 Opened Southampton and Nottingham depots. Parkers
        Launch the Defiance brand. Parkers own contractors
        tools range. Parkers celebrate their Century of Service.
1988 Frank Parker & Co acquired a Contractors Tools merchant
        called Harduns. Opened West Drayton, Maidstone and
        Norwich depots.
1989 Opened Huntingdon depot.
1991 Frank Parker & Co continued to grow and merged with A
        G Strachan. Opened Salford and Preston Depots.
1993 Frank Parker & Co became part of the Caradon Plc.
1995 As a result of this, Frank Parker & Co changed its name to Cardon Parker Limited.
1996 Parker Merchanting trading name was first introduced.
1996 Opened Exeter and Glasgow depot.
1999 Caradon Parker became a member of Hagemeyer UK Ltd, a wholly owned, subsidiary of Hagemeyer
        N.V Electrical Distribution Group, a multi-billion pound dutch company. Launch new depot in Croydon.
2000 Acquired GWS (Limerick) Acquired Maxxiom Supplies.
2002 Parkers launch their first website.
2009 Hagemeyer was bought by Rexel UK, The Rexel group then consisted of Parker Merchanting,
        Newey & Eyre, WF Electrical, Senate Electrical, Dunlop and Hamilton and Denmans Electrical.
2010 Parkers formed its National Sales Centre based in Rothwell.
2012 Parkers launch new branches in the North West, Scotland, and Bristol.